Charlie and Ralph Ltd (www.thestylishdogcompany.com) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data.
For the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), you are the data controller and the data processor is Charlie and Ralph Ltd (UK company number 11008561).
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- When you engage in viewing, shopping with us or commenting on our site, we may collect data about you as follows: your name, nickname, your email address, your password, your telephone number, your billing address and delivery addresses. We may also collect information (such as your email address if it has been given) about products you have viewed, added to the cart and comments you have made. We may use your email address to send reminder to you if a successful checkout has failed.
- You can ask to view your data or for the data to be removed from our system at any time by sending us the email that you want information for. We will confirm this request by email before we make an action, for your own security.
- When you fill in a form on our website to request information or a return, we will collect your contact details and the information you provide in the form.
- When you contact us by any other means (e.g. email), we may keep a record of that contact and the information you provide us with at the time.
- When you visit Our Site, we may collect data such as information about your geolocation, weblogs and other communication that is available from the browser.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA OUR WEBSITE AND COOKIES
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
SECURITY MONITORING AND AUDITING
We use the WP Security Audit Log as a security monitoring and auditing plugin to create a log of data about the ways that our web site is used by those who have login access to it. This information is collected and retained by the web site administrator for, as the name might suggest, security and auditing purposes.
This logs a timestamped record of when a logged-in user takes the following actions:
- Logs in and out;
- Creates comments;
- Creates, modifies (this including changing the password) their profile.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To process and deliver our products to you.
- To assist you with your enquiries
- To post your reviews about our products
- To ascertain which products are popular with our customers and which products are not
TURNING COOKIES OFF
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies . Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES IN USE ON OUR SITE
(_ga, _gid, _gat_gtag_UA_11080997_19)
- Details of the cookies used can be found on the Google Website.
- If you want to opt out of Google Analytics for all of the sites you visit, Google have created an ‘Opt out of Google Analytics’ add on for you browser. This add on can be found here
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
To turn off this cookie.[google_analytics_optout]Click here to opt-out[/google_analytics_optout] of Google Analytics on our site only. Then please reload the page. Your Google Analytics Cookie will be disabled.
If you require our help via an online message or chat, the help icon at the bottom right of the site can be clicked. You can alternatively use one of our forms, which will send your request direct to our Zen Helpdesk. The secure helpdesk data security information can be found here.
If you sign into our newsletter to receive offers and news on our products, you will find this is managed by Campaign Monitor. We store your name and your email address. We can see via Campaign Monitor but not via our website, if you have clicked on any links as long as you have given us permission when signing up. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking a link in your newsletters.
We use a third-party programme called Customer Reviews to manage our product and service testimonials.You will receive an email from this third party company inviting you to review our store. It is entirely the customers choice if they wish to submit a review.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and suppliers who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Such sites include: Trustpilot, Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected viewing of your personal information and will notify you and any applicable regulator this where we are legally required to do so.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may disclose your personal data with third-parties as follows:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example HMRC).
- With other service providers who we engage to assist us in providing our services (such as hosting partners which host our servers, with a customer success tool provider that helps us improve your experience when using our services, newsletter management company that helps us in sending you marketing information on our products and articles. These providers comply with all security standards necessary in order to keep your data safe.
- With our suppliers where and agreement of direct delivery from the supplier is in place. This is applicable to all handmade items also.
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, the nature and sensitivity of your personal data, the potential harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve these purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
Below sets out further details:
How personal data is provided to us
|How long we keep it|
|When you shop with us||7 years|
|When you make comments and reviews||5 years|
|When you are added to our newsletter to receive our marketing and information||Until you unsubscribe from our database.|
|When you contact us via our website to request a return||Until you ask to be removed or as part of our periodic data cleanse.|
|When you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone) which does not lead to a purchase||Until you ask to be removed or as part of our periodic data cleanse.|
|When you provide a review of our products and our performance on a third-party platform.||Until you ask to be removed from this third-party platform.|
|When you complete a survey or participate in competitions.||Until you ask to be removed.|
|When you visit Our Site.||Until you block or remove cookies.|
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW IT IS KEPT SECURE
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Some of the information you provide to us will be transmitted electronically (e.g. information provided via our website or by email). We would remind you that information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect any information transmitted in this way, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
We have put in place appropriate measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. The site is SSL secured. Payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Some personal data you have provided to us is stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom.
Some of our third-party providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Some personal data that we have shared with third-parties is located in the USA and we are satisfied that they are Privacy Shield certified. We may from time to time transfer personal data outside the EEA but we will only do so if there is a mechanism in place to ensure that the personal data still be protected to EU standards.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third-parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request deletion of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner about the way in which we collect and use your personal data: www.ico.org.uk/concerns .
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this webpage.