Run out of dog treats? Then why not bake your own? Here is a simple yet yummy recipe that can easily be made from whatever you have in the cupboards.
With added oregano, tasty and also high in antioxidants and flavonoids and also reported as an antimicrobial. This non-toxic herb has been used to help with digestive problems, diarrhea, and gas.
Let us know what your dog thought in the comments!
- 320g rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 level tsp. beef or chicken stock granules or fresh stock
- ½ cup hot water
- Good pinch oregano
- Optional: Add bacon or grated cheese, to their taste
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water
- Mix the rest of the ingredients with the stock
- Knead dough until it forms a ball
- Roll dough at ½ inch thick
- Cut into slices or shapes
- Place dough pieces on lightly greased cookie sheet
- Cook for 30 minutes
Store in a dog treat jar or tin.